Strathard Heritage Archive

Place

Type

Subject

Date

Place: Port of Menteith

Port of Menteith (Scottish Gaelic: Port Loch Innis Mo Cholmaig) is a village and civil parish in the Stirling district of Scotland, the only significant settlement on the Lake of Menteith. It was established as a burgh of barony, then named simply Port (Scottish Gaelic: Am Port), in 1457 by King James III of Scotland. It lay in the former county of Perthshire.

1 2 3 4