This information is taken from Louis Stott’s book‘ Aberfoyle Slate Quarries–fragments of an earlier world’. Initially children from the slate quarry attended Aberfoyle Primary School but were considered to be a disruptive influence. It was therefore decided to establish a separate school which opened 21st September 1894 and continued until 1915. It also seems that the school reopened after the war and continued until at least 1934.
What follows are a series of school related photographs, most of which are undated.